Anna Swisher | phd, cscs
Specialties: Weightlifting Nutrition
Anna lives on a hobby farm and orchard in Tennessee with chickens, bees, and 100 fruit trees. A former competitive weightlifter, she cleaned and squatted her way through pregnancy, welcoming a strong and healthy baby girl in 2018. She loves to cook, travel, get outdoors, and lift in the farm gym with her husband, Trey.
- PhD East Tennessee State University: Sport Physiology and Performance
- MA East Tennessee State University: Exercise Physiology and Performance
- BA Williams College: Psychology and History
- USA Weightlifting-Advanced Sports Performance Coach
- USA Track and Field-Level 2
- Coaching Education and Sport Science Manager for USA Weightlifting
- Former Director of Education and Performance for Eleiko Sport. Co-creator of Eleiko Strength Coach Int. L1 and L2 courses.
- Former professor at Western State Colorado University. Taught courses in weight management, physiology, periodization, strength and conditioning, biomechanics, motor learning, adapted physical activity, and personal training.
- Seven years of track and field coaching experience at NCAA Division I, II, and III.
- Eight years of collegiate strength and conditioning experience at NCAA Division I, II, and III working with track and field, wrestling, American football, volleyball, and golf.
- Co-authored articles published in the Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research and the International Journal of Sport Science and Coaching.
- Honored to help hundreds of RP 1:1 clients achieve their performance and physique goals.
- Collegiate track and field athlete (throws), NCAA qualifier, school record holder
- Competitive weightlifter for eight years with Windy City Weightlifting. Coached by USA Weightlifting Senior International Coach, Mike Gattone, and two-time USA Olympic team coach Roger Nielsen.