- PhD – Human Nutrition, Foods, and Exercise, Virginia Tech (2014)
- Dissertation Topic: Effects of Probiotic Supplementation on Metabolic Dysregulation During High-Fat Feeding
- Graduate Certificate—Preparing the Future Professoriate, Virginia Tech (2014)
- Graduate Teaching Scholars Fellowship, Virginia Tech (2012-2014)
- BS – Exercise, Sport, and Health Education, Radford Virginia (2009)
- Certified Health Coach, American Council on Exercise (2018)
- Certified Sports Nutritionist, International Society of Sports Nutrition (2017)
- Current Participant: Individualized Supervised Practice Pathway (ISPP) of the Dietetic Internship Program of the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
- Assistant Professor, Exercise Science, Georgia Gwinnett College (2014-2018)
- Instructor, Human Nutrition, Foods, and Exercise, Virginia Tech (2013)
- Faculty Advisor, Kappa Omicron Nu and GGC Lifting (2015-2018)
- Member, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (2018)
Past Seminars and Teaching Experience
- An Evidence-Based Approach to Performance, Recovery, and Weight Management Through Scientific Nutrition and Supplementation, Straight Blast Gym Buford, Buford, GA (2018)
- Nutrition for Performance and Weight Management, Blueprint Fitness, Atlanta, GA (2017)
- Nutrition in Health and Exercise
- Human Anatomy & Physiology
- Introduction to Exercise Science
- Introduction to Foods, Nutrition and Exercise
- Metabolic Nutrition
- Current PR’s (Competition/Training): Bench 165/175, Squat 225/240, Deadlift 305/300 (Wilks 340)
- 3rd place, 57kg (Raw Open), USAPL Georgia State Championships (2018)
- Best Female Lifter, USAPL Atlanta Winter Smash (2018)
- 5th Place, 63kg (Raw LW), USAPL 5 Bar Showdown (2017)
- 1st Place, Open Class A, Women’s Physique, Lee Haney Games (2015)
- Additional experience in gi and no-gi Brazilian jiu jitsu, climbing, and numerous 5K-10-mile trail running events
Dr. Gabrielle Fundaro, CISSN, CHC, is a Renaissance Periodization coach, ISSN-certified sport nutritionist, and ACE-certified health coach. Dr. Fundaro combines her knowledge of nutrition and motivational interviewing techniques to promote intrinsic motivation and behavior change in clients to facilitate long-term weight management and healthy lifestyles.
She believes in the importance of a plant-based diet in addition to regular, enjoyable physical activity and cognitive exercises as part of a sustainable lifestyle, free from the chronic dieting mindset.
She has taught a variety of courses related to nutrition for performance and health, physiology, and macronutrient metabolism. In addition to her teaching experience, she has enjoyed the opportunity to share evidence-based recommendations in seminars, podcasts, and contributions to magazines such as Shape and Oxygen.
Dr. Fundaro is a former Assistant Professor of Exercise Science at Georgia Gwinnett College, and holds a PhD in Human Nutrition, Foods, and Exercise from Virginia Tech as well as a BS in Exercise, Sport, and Health Education from Radford University. She is currently completing requirements towards the Registered Dietitian credential as a participant in the Individualized Supervised Practice Pathway of the Dietetic Internship Program of the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center.
In her free time, she enjoys hiking, reading, spending time with her dogs, and training for powerlifting.